Phantasmaburbia

This website is no longer updating!
You can find me at Dumb and Fat dot com!

Friday, October 08, 2010

Escape from the Underworld (Announcement)

Photobucket


So, this is my Indie Kombat game. It's a week into development, and it's frigging awesome. You should keep an eye on the posts Andrew I make on the Indie Kombat blog, because a lot of game updates show up there and it might be fun to watch us make fun of each other. I'm just going to reiterate stuff I've already said there:


It’s called Escape from the Underworld. It’s an exploration platformer and it has a bit of story, but no text or cutscenes. Most of the powerups you collect are items from Andrew’s games, and the exploration platforming has always been his shtick, so that all fits. But I’m going to be honest here: I don’t really see this game as an Indie Kombat game. This is a game I’m making for me, because it’s fun as hell to work on. I’ve been losing sleep at night because I keep getting little ideas for it. There are a lot of things in here that I’m trying for the first time, and they’re coming out surprisingly well. Bottom line: it’s going to be awesome.

And the fact that I will inevitably win this little scuffle with Andrew is a nice, secondary little bonus.

Look out for videos or a demo or something not too far from now.

No comments: