Phantasmaburbia

This website is no longer updating!
You can find me at Dumb and Fat dot com!

Saturday, September 04, 2010

Banov Takes the Nuzlocke Challenge

It's been a while since I've posted here, and I apologize for that! Honestly lately I haven't been doing much game work (and for what I am doing, there's nothing I'm allowed to talk about yet), so I haven't had much to say.

Nuzlocke Challenge
I recently discovered Nuzlocke Comics, which revolve around a run of one of the Pokemon RPGs with special rules that make it much more difficult... and exciting! It's apparently spawned a lot of copycats, and on a whim I decided to do my own run + comic accompaniment. Below are the pages I've done so far. I'm not going to guarantee I play the run all the way to the end or that I keep doing comics, but these were fun to do for the time being.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

For those curious, a couple of the pokemon nicknames (specifically, Strider and Lalonde) are pulled from this really wonderful webcomic series called Homestuck. Lately it's become among my favorite places to visit on the internet, updating frequently (often many times per day!) and I'm completely engrossed in the story. It's tough for me to recommend it outright as it starts slow and then starts to get hard to follow as the story goes deeper. BUT, if you invest the time to read through the archives and immerse yourself in it, Homestuck is a story that will really pay off.

And now, a slice of Banov's non-internet life:
My particular school starts very late, and at this point all but a handful of my friends have long since departed for college. This leaves me home alone pretty often. It's vaguely depressing.

Formspring
I'd just like to point out that my Formspring account has been getting some pretty poignant questions lately concerning my future plans for game making so for those of you who are interested in that stuff you might like to check that out too. And I love getting questions, so if you have any for me or if you just want to give me something to think about or whatever feel free to send one my way!

Dubloon Deluxe CDs
Just letting you guys know that they're still available for a couple more weeks, until I leave for college. Get them while you still can!

Okay, that's basically all I have to say for now. Happy September!

1 comment:

Jack Brockley said...

Your Nuzlocke comics were epic. :D